Monday, January 20, 2014

White Flowers and Rhombus


Dress TJ Maxx / jacket Sultanna Frantsuzova / heels Jessica Simpson / necklace Ily Couture 

Shop This Outfit:


How our expectations play with us ...

This necklace appeared almost by accident. Well I should say, it appeared for a very good reason: I was looking for a new, soft, delicate necklace for a New Year’s party when I stumbled upon this charming necklace with light crisp white flowers. I ordered, received, unpacked... and oh... horror! Those lovely charming delicate flowers that looked so appealing to me on my computer screen had... monstrous proportions! Two of them barely fit on my hand! In fact, they seemed positively creepy as they looked up at me from their box..I felt as though I was looking into the eyes of a predatory Sundew waiting for its prey; I was nearly hypnotized by their huge blade-like petals... The decision was instant - immediately return them to the store!
But that was before Christmas, and I was swallowed by the busyness of the season...In the ensuing holiday time, I happily forgot about the little garden of Sundews lurking in that box.
However, a few days ago I started to tidy my winter wardrobe, preparing it for the spring, and again I saw them... mmm... those flowers (or necklace?). Strangely, it no longer seemed quite so cyclopean. Apparently, now that the pre-holiday fever has subsided (along with my expectations of being a "miraculous vision" in my "perfect" New Year's dress!) ... the flowers seem a bit smaller and have quite a decent shape after all ... no longer resembling predatory flowers just waiting for their next meal! :) So I decided to give them one more chance - and, you know, I think they justify my trust, don’t you?!! :)

***
Как наши ожидания играют с нами... 

Это ожерелье появилось у меня почти случайно. Точнее появилось оно по вполне определенным мотивам: я подыскивала себе новое нежно-трепетное колье на выход, и наткнулась на очаровательное легкое белоснежное ожерелье с цветами. Заказала. Получила. Развернула... и о, ужас! Те самые милые очаровательные нежные цветочки, которые так призывно смотрели на меня с экрана моего компьютера, оказались... чудовищных размеров! На моей ладони едва умещалось два из них. Эти жуткие цветы смотрели на меня из кробки как хищные росянки, поджидающие свою жертву, почти гипнотизируя меня своими огромными лопастями... Решение было мгновенным - вернуть их немедленно в магазин! 
Но дело было перед Рождеством и меня с головой поглотила предпраздничная суета... Я благополучно забыла о "росянках". А тут на днях начала приводить в порядок мой зимний гардероб, подготавливая его к весне, и вновь увидела их или его, ожерелье. 
Оно уже не казалось мне таким циклопическим. Видимо, ушла предпраздничная лихорадка, исчезли ожидания и "чудесные картины" новогоднего наряда, и цветы как будто бы ужались и обрели вполне приличную форму, уже не напоминая хищников :) И я решилась дать им шанс - и, знаете, похоже, они оправдали мое доверие! :)

















xoxo,
Anya :)



Follow on Bloglovin


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...